Today, this first day of 2014, I decided to do something I've been meaning to do for quite a while - create some hand crafted art for the hell of it. That's what the image above is.
Most applications from Photoshop to Word start a new document by going to the "File" menu and choosing "New". I found it oddly refreshing to take that concept offline and cut letters out with an X-acto knife. Here's to all the new beginnings and blank documents this year will open for each of us.
It's hard to believe 2013 already came and went. Here's a recap of all the eLearning related milestones I reached last year:
- Attended my first DevLearn conference
- Started a local eLearning meet-up for the Columbus, OH area
- An article I wrote was featured in ASTD's T+D magazine
- Presented at an internal company conference on PowerPoint prototyping
Despite my full time job, a steady stream of freelance projects, and family responsibilities, I somehow also managed to publish 9 writings in the past year.
- Dec. - Visual Design for the Rest of Us
- Nov. - Using the 4 Creativity Roles in Your Next Project
- Nov. - How to Easily Transcribe Audio and Video by Hand
- Oct. - DevLearn 2013: I went, I sat, I learned.
- Oct. - Good News and Bad News for eLearning Video
- Sep. - Unlock the Potential of mLearning
- Mar. - Legacy Systems
- Jan. - The Ghost of eLearning Future
- Jan. - Lectora Resource Roundup